Raspberry Pi HQ Camera M12
Please note that this item does NOT function without a compatible M12 mount lens.
The Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera M12 is an affordable high-quality camera from Raspberry Pi. It offers 12-megapixel resolution and a 7.9mm-diagonal sensor for impressive low-light performance. The M12 Mount variant is designed to work with most interchangeable M12 lenses. Other lens form factors can be accommodated using third-party lens adapters.
The High Quality Camera M12 is well suited to industrial and consumer applications, including security cameras, which require the highest levels of visual fidelity and/ or integration with specialist optics. It is compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi computer from Raspberry Pi 1 Model B onwards, using the latest software release from raspberrypi.com, excluding early Raspberry Pi Zero models, which lack the necessary FPC connector. Later Raspberry Pi Zero models require an adapter FPC, sold separately
The package comprises a circuit board carrying a Sony IMX477 sensor, an FPC cable for connection to a Raspberry Pi computer, and a milled aluminum lens mount with integrated tripod mount. The M12 Mount variant ships with three lens locking rings (one required plus two spare).
- 12.3MP high quality camera
- 7.9mm diagonal image size
- Up to 12-bit RAW
- Adjustable back focus
- Integrated 1/4"-20 tripod mount
- Compatible with M12 lenses
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 1/2/3/4 boards
- 200 mm ribbon cable included
- Sensor: Sony IMX477R stacked, back-illuminated sensor
- Resolution: 12.3 megapixels
- Sensor size: 7.9mm sensor diagonal
- Pixel size: 1.55μm × 1.55μm
- Output: RAW12/10/8, COMP8
- Back focus length of lens: 2.6mm–11.8mm
- Lens sensor format: 1/2.3” (7.9mm) or larger
- IR cut filter: Integrated (Can be removed to enable IR sensitivity. Modification is irreversible.)
- Ribbon cable length: 200mm
- Tripod mount: 1/4”-20
- Production lifetime: The Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera will remain in production until at least January 2030