Raspberry Pi HQ Camera CS
Please note that this item does NOT function without a compatible C or CS mount lens.
The Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera is the latest camera accessory from Raspberry Pi. It offers higher resolution (12 megapixels, compared to 8 megapixels), and sensitivity (approximately 50% greater area per pixel for improved low-light performance) than the existing Camera Module v2, and is designed to work with interchangeable lenses in both C- and CS-mount form factors. Other lens form factors can be accommodated using third-party lens adapters.
The High Quality Camera provides an alternative to the Camera Module v2 for industrial and consumer applications, including security cameras, which require the highest levels of visual fidelity and/or integration with specialist optics. It is compatible with all models of Raspberry Pi computer from Raspberry Pi 1 Model B onwards, using the latest software release from www.raspberrypi.org.
Excluding early Raspberry Pi Zero models, which lack the necessary FPC connector. Later Raspberry Pi Zero models require an adapter FPC, sold separately.
The package comprises a circuit board carrying a Sony IMX477 sensor, an FPC cable for connection to a Raspberry Pi computer, a milled aluminium lens mount with integrated tripod mount and focus adjustment ring, and a C- to CS-mount adapter.
- 12.3MP high quality camera
- 7.9mm diagonal image size
- Up to 12-bit RAW
- Adjustable back focus
- Integrated 1/4"-20 tripod mount
- Compatible with C-mount and CS-mount lenses (adapter included)
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 1/2/3/4 boards
- 200 mm ribbon cable included
- Sensor: Sony IMX477R stacked, back-illuminated sensor, 12.3 megapixels, 7.9 mm sensor diagonal, 1.55 μm × 1.55 μm pixel size
- Output: RAW12/10/8, COMP8
- Back focus: Adjustable (12.5 mm–22.4 mm)
- Lens standards: C-mount, CS-mount (C-CS adapter included)
- IR cut filter: Integrated (Can be removed to enable IR sensitivity. Modification is irreversible.)
- Ribbon cable length: 200 mm
- Tripod mount: 1/4”-20
- Compliance: FCC 47 CFR Part 15, Subpart B, Class B Digital Device
Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
- Production lifetime: The Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera will remain in production until at least January 2026
- Getting started guide
- Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera - product brief
- Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera mechanical drawing
- Example fitting instructions for a typical C-mount lens
- Example fitting instructions for a typical CS-mount lens