Cluster HAT v2.5
The cluster HAT is physically compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero 2, but the Zero 2 can consume up to 1.1A, it is not known yet how many Pi Zero 2 can be safely power on unsing the official 3.0A power supply for the Pi. Please for the moment try to use Pi zero 1
The Cluster HAT interfaces a (Controller) Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2/3/4 with 4 Raspberry Pi Zeros (NOT included). Configured to use USB Gadget mode, it is an ideal tool for teaching, testing or simulating small scale clusters.
- USB Gadget Mode: Ethernet and Serial Console.
- Onboard 4 port USB 2.0 hub.
- Zeros (not included) are powered via Controller Pi GPIO
- Individual Raspberry Pi Zero power controlled via Controller Pi GPIO
- Connector for Controller Serial Console (FTDI Basic).
- Controller Pi can be rebooted without interrupting power to Pi Zeros (network recovers on boot). This feature is not available when using a Pi4 controller.
- Cluster HAT
- HAT standoffs and screws
- Short USB rope (colour may vary)
As with most things there are many ways to configure the ClusterHAT. If you know what you're doing with Linux kernel Gadget mode and networking you can probably skip most of these.