SHT-30 Mesh-protected Weather-proof Temperature/Humidity Sensor - 1M Cable
Take your next outdoor sensor project to the next level with this SHT-30 based temperature/humidity sensor. The sensor includes a dual-use sensor module from Sensirion in a sintered metal mesh encasing. The casing is weatherproof and will keep water from seeping into the body of the sensor and damaging it, but allows air to pass through so that it can measure the humidity outside. While it is designed to be submersible in water, it's always best to avoid long-term submersion (over 1 hour at a time), and it obviously would only give you temperature readings This sensor is best for simply placing outside for exterior weather sensing.
The SHT30-D sensor has an excellent ±2% relative humidity and ±0.5°C accuracy for most uses. This sensor has a true I2C interface.
The sensor is essentially just a Sensiron SHT-30 digital sensor with the 4 data/power wires brought out so any SHT-3x code for a microcontroller will work.
The 1 meter long cable has four wires: Brown/Red = VCC (3-5VDC), Black = Ground, Yellow = Clock, Green/Blue = Data (sometimes we hear of sensors where data and clock are swapped so please try both ways).
- Sensor body dimensions: 14mm diameter, 50mm long
- Cable length: approx 1 meter
- Contains an SHT-30 Temperature/Humidity sensor
- Four wires: Brown/Red = VCC (3-5VDC), Black = Ground, Yellow = Clock, Green/Blue = Data (sometimes we hear of sensors where data and clock are swapped so please try both ways)
- 2.2Kohm pullups are built into the sensor, one each from SDA and SCL to VCC