Elecfreaks Tracking Module for ring:bit Car V2
Ring:bit car V2 line following module is a dedicated module designed for the Ring:bit car V2, it is easy to be installed to achieve the line following function for the Ring:bit car V2.
Equipped with double infrared probes, it can detect the distance between 2~12mm accurately which can achieve the function of line following around the circles, the detection of the black lines, and the detection of the edge.
- The micro:bit can drive it directly with the input voltage of this module being 3V~5V.
- It only needs one IO port in the Ring:bit with standard 3-pin GVS ports.
- It uses infrared light to detect with a strong anti-interference capability.
- Working Voltage: DC 3-5V
- Port: Ring:bit car dedicated pin ports (Fixed by screws)
- Types of Output Signal: Simulation
- Effective Distance: 2~12mm
- Dimension: 34.15 x 27.20mm
- Net Weight: 4.7g
- The first step is to insert this module to the baseboard of the Ring:bit car V2.
- The next step is to fix the module with the two screws.
- The extension is completed.
Program a simple line-following code in the makecode. The equivalent connection port for the left and right wheels is P1 and P2 when on start. When the left detection probe deviates from the black line, the right wheel would stop moving and the left wheel would adjust to go back to the black line at the speed of 50. The right detection probe would work the same as the way of the left detection probe works. When both of the detection probes detect the black line, the car would go forward at a speed of 100.
Links for the code: https://makecode.microbit.org/_Jh2RVDMRwDz1
It can run around the circle slowly.