Automation 2040 W (Pico W Aboard)
An all-in-one, Pico W powered industrial/automation controller with 2.4GHz wireless connectivity, relays and a plethora of inputs and outputs. Compatible with 6V to 40V systems
Automation 2040 W is a Pico W / RP2040 powered monitoring and automation board. It contains all the great features from our Automation HAT (relays, analog channels, powered outputs and buffered inputs) but now in a single compact board and with an extended voltage range so you can use it with more devices. Great for controlling fans, pumps, solenoids, chunky motors, electronic locks or static LED lighting (up to 40V).
All the channels (and the buttons) have an associated indicator LED so you can see at a glance what's happening with your setup, or test your programs without having hardware connected. We've even left some space for labelling whatever you've got connected up, be it piranha fish tanks, smart greenhouse sprinklers, elaborate homebrewing projects or Thunderbirds-esque garage door openers.
- Raspberry Pi Pico W Aboard
- Dual Arm Cortex M0+ running at up to 133Mhz with 264kB of SRAM
- 2MB of QSPI flash supporting XiP
- Powered and programmable by USB micro-B
- 2.4GHz wireless
- 3 x 12-bit ADC inputs up to 40V
- 5 x digital inputs up to 40V
- 3 x digital sourcing outputs at V+ (supply voltage)
- 4A max continuous current
- 2A max current at 500Hz PWM
- 3 x relays (NC and NO terminals)
- 2A up to 24V
- 1A up to 40V
- 3.5mm screw terminals for connecting inputs, outputs and external power
- 2 x tactile buttons with LED indicators
- Reset button
- 2 x Qw/ST connectors for attaching breakouts
- M2.5 mounting holes
- Fully assembled
- No soldering required.
- C/C++ and MicroPython libraries
- Schematic (coming soon)
- Board is compatible with 12V, 24V and 36V systems
- Requires supply 6-40V
- Can provide 5V up to 0.5A for lower voltage applications
Our C++/MicroPython libraries provide a straightforward way to interface with the functions on this board. You'll get best performance using C++, but if you're a beginner we'd recommend using our batteries included MicroPython build for ease of getting started.
- Download pirate-brand MicroPython
- Getting Started with Raspberry Pi Pico
- MicroPython examples
- Examples demonstrating wireless functionality are coming soon!
- List of breakouts currently compatible with our C++/MicroPython build.
- Do not use to switch mains voltages!