Official micro:bit USB Lead, micro-USB to USB, 30cm, Black
Official micro:bit branded USB cables that allow you to power and transfer data to your micro:bit.
High quality construction with PVC cable sleeve and embossed logos.
- USB 2.0 data transfer rates up to 480Mb/s
- USB A Plug to USB Micro B Plug
- 0.3m Cable length
- Available in Black or Green
- Cable only
The BBC micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that introduces you to how software and hardware work together. It has an LED light display, buttons, sensors, a speaker, microphone and many other input/output features that, when programmed, let it interact with you and your world.
You will need a computer, tablet or phone to write and send code to the micro:bit, but once the code is on the micro:bit it works as a standalone device with just the battery pack. Visit getting started for support taking your first steps with the micro:bit.
The Micro:bit Educational Foundation produces free coding tools and teaching resources to support you as you explore the potential of the micro:bit:
- Choose your perfect programming tool in Let's Code:
- Run whole class coding sessions easily with micro:bit classroom
- Teach block-based coding with Microsoft MakeCode or text-based coding with the micro:bit Python Editor
- Explore the free resources for teachers including:
- Quick projects for beginners and more advanced users
- Curriculum-linked lessons and units of work
- Professional development courses and events like webinars and code-alongs
- Classroom resources such as student handouts, reward certificates and posters
As well as givings students a hands-on approach to coding, the micro:bit is an engaging classroom tool that gives students confidence to try new things and get creative with technology.