Raspberry Pi 5/8GB
Welcome to the latest generation of Raspberry Pi: the everything computer.
Featuring a 64-bit quad-core Arm Cortex-A76 processor running at 2.4GHz, Raspberry Pi 5 delivers a 2–3× increase in CPU performance relative to Raspberry Pi 4. Alongside a substantial uplift in graphics performance from an 800MHz VideoCore VII GPU; dual 4Kp60 display output over HDMI; and state-of-the-art camera support from a rearchitected Raspberry Pi Image Signal Processor, it provides a smooth desktop experience for consumers, and opens the door to new applications for industrial customers.
For the first time, this is a full-size Raspberry Pi computer using silicon built in-house at Raspberry Pi. The RP1 “southbridge” provides the bulk of the I/O capabilities for Raspberry Pi 5, and delivers a step change in peripheral performance and functionality. Aggregate USB bandwidth is more than doubled, yielding faster transfer speeds to external UAS drives and other high-speed peripherals; the dedicated two-lane 1Gbps MIPI camera and display interfaces present on earlier models have been replaced by a pair of four-lane 1.5Gbps MIPI transceivers, tripling total bandwidth, and supporting any combination of up to two cameras or displays; peak SD card performance is doubled, through support for the SDR104 high-speed mode; and for the first time the platform exposes a single-lane PCI Express 2.0 interface, providing support for high-bandwidth peripherals.
- 2.4GHz quad-core 64-bit Arm Cortex-A76 CPU, with cryptography extensions, 512KB per-core L2 caches, and a 2MB shared L3 cache
- VideoCore VII GPU, supporting OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.2
- Dual 4Kp60 HDMI® display output with HDR support
- 4Kp60 HEVC decoder
- LPDDR4X-4267 SDRAM - 8GB
- Dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- microSD card slot, with support for high-speed SDR104 mode
- 2 × USB 3.0 ports, supporting simultaneous 5Gbps operation
- 2 × USB 2.0 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet, with PoE+ support (requires separate PoE+ HAT)
- 2 × 4-lane MIPI camera/display transceivers
- PCIe 2.0 x1 interface for fast peripherals (requires separate M.2 HAT or other adapter)
- 5V/5A DC power via USB-C, with Power Delivery support
- Raspberry Pi standard 40-pin header
- Real-time clock (RTC), powered from external battery
- Power button
- Will older versions of Raspberry Pi OS work with Raspberry Pi 5?
You will need the latest version of Raspberry Pi OS, Bookworm, for your Raspberry Pi 5.
- Will my Raspberry Pi 4 power supply work with Raspberry Pi 5?
Raspberry Pi 5 is a higher-performance computer than Raspberry Pi 4, and you may have problems using an under-powered supply. We recommend a high-quality 5V 5A USB-C power supply, such as the new Raspberry Pi 27W USB-C Power Supply.
- Will my Raspberry Pi 5 fit my Raspberry Pi 4 case?
Raspberry Pi 5 won't fit the Raspberry Pi 4 Case. We recommend the Raspberry Pi Case for Raspberry Pi 5, designed to help you get the most out of our newest computer.
- Does Raspberry Pi 5 need active cooling?
Raspberry Pi 5 is faster and more powerful than prior-generation Raspberry Pis, and like most general-purpose computers, it will perform best with active cooling. The Raspberry Pi Case for Raspberry Pi 5, with its integrated fan, is one way to provide this.
- This product should be operated in a well ventilated environment, and if used inside a case, the case should not be covered.
- While in use, this product should be firmly secured or should be placed on a stable, flat, non-conductive surface, and should not be contacted by conductive items.
- The connection of incompatible devices to Raspberry Pi 5 may affect compliance, result in damage to the unit, and invalidate the warranty.
- All peripherals used with this product should comply with relevant standards for the country of use and be marked accordingly to ensure that safety and performance requirements are met.
To avoid malfunction or damage to this product, please observe the following:
- Do not expose to water or moisture, or place on a conductive surface while in operation.
- Do not expose to heat from any source; Raspberry Pi 5 is designed for reliable operation at normal ambient temperatures.
- Store in a cool, dry location.
- Take care while handling to avoid mechanical or electrical damage to the printed circuit board and connectors.
- While it is powered, avoid handling the printed circuit board, or handle it only by the edges, to minimise the risk of
- electrostatic discharge damage.